Until now, there hasn’t been a whole lot of information, but from a poorly Google translated article, I was able to find the following information about the upcoming Vita exclusive Killzone Mercenary.
- The game uses the Killzone 3 engine.
- The story picks up immediately after the ending of the first Killzone and follows many events from the trilogy.
- The protagonist, Aaron Danner, is a mercenary who takes contracts from both the ISA and Helghast.
- There are nine single-player missions with an average duration of one hour each.
- Completed missions may be replayed with special objectives and new challenges.
- Multiplayer supports up to eight players.
- There are six multiplayer maps.
- There are three different game modes, including Warzone.
- An in-game currency is rewarded for all of your actions (such as kills, etc.) both in singleplayer and multiplayer modes and the amount you gain is commensurate to your performance.
- This currency is used to purchase weapons and equipment.
- Touch controls are used for melee attacks.
- Motion controls are used to help with aiming (likely similar to Uncharted Golden Abyss).
- The game is set to release in September 2013 (17th in NA).
Check out the Killzone Mercenary reveal trailer.
And today’s new trailer.
Also, check out this extended gameplay footage from VG247.