Downloadable content for the PlayStation Network title When Vikings Attack!, which released November last year, is inbound, and will be released during this week’s PSN store update. It is, just like the game, a cross-buy title; you will only have to buy the pack once to play it on both PS3 and Vita. There will also be a special edition of the game released, which will contain all the DLC and the original game (it will cost €12.99).The DLC pack will be titled ‘When Vikings Relax!’, is priced at €3.99 and includes the following features:
- 10 new vs. mode levels – Each one themed around recreational mayhem with a unique environmental hazard to watch out for.
- Solo Survival mode – A new single player game mode where you face off against waves history’s greatest warriors, survive as long as you can and get to the top of the leaderboards.
- New unlockable characters – Unlock 10 warriors in solo survival.
- Six new trophies – New specific challenges based around the DLC content to unlock.
- A new unlockable character (The Tired Oyaji)
To tie in with the DLC pack, a new update for the title has been released. It will contain two often requested features, Ad-hoc play and full cross-platform invites. A trial is also available for the game, for those interested in the title but uncertain whether to purchase it.